Knowledge Base

Damaged Garbage Cart - Replace Lid or Wheels

If your garbage cart is damaged, please contact the City-Parish at 3-1-1 or (225) 389-3090 to determine how to move forward with replacing or repairing the cart. Please be prepared to provide all relevant information regarding how and when the cart was damaged, including picture of the damage if possible.

If the City-Parish determines you have negligently damaged your garbage cart in any way, you will be responsible for buying another cart at a cost of $60.00, which will be added to your water bill. If you believe the City-Parish is responsible for damage to your garbage cart, please explain this when you call the Solid Waste Division, and a representative will help you determine how to move forward with your report.

If you believe the garbage contractor damaged other personal property, please see the “Property Damaged by Garbage Truck” knowledge base article.
Updated 5/15/2018 6:44 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!